Vinosea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1

3 posters

Go down

Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 Empty Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1

Post by Uthxis Sun 7 May - 16:02

Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 D9k0z0v

There's no thicker walls or stronger bars than in this cursed vicinity. The Holy City of Kenga is home to a huge prison, if not the biggest of all Vinosea, which they are very proud of. It is said to be the most secured and so it is home to vicious and battle hardened criminals. It has hold its reputation for centuries; no one escapes from these labyrinthine walls. This prison's network has been specifically conceived to deceive and test one's sanity. They say the best way to handle this place is to act proper and be good. Not that it will necessarily make much of a difference, but it's always better to be on the staff's best side.

This prison is lot more than what it seems. Its is a very bad place to be. The environment is heavily military focused. You better stay in line, or else... is pretty much how it functions. The staff has a lot of liberties and eyes stays close too often as you are labeled as the biggest filth of the land and the general population tend to agrees to treat badly the baddest guys. Unfortunately, it isn't obviously just the staff which are to be feared, but the cellmates and other prisoners. It is not a place for the paranoid, inmates sadly often become insane the more time they spend in here, but many argue they already were. Although, empathy is not common place here. You are to be well fed, the cells are well kept and cleaned, but you are to be treated by the staff like a pet in a refuge and that is being strictly trained to stay in line and obey.

So... here you are.

Your cell is quite big, not even in the biggest, but still pretty large as it is mostly for beasts-like inmates. This one occupies 3 large occupants and is at least still accommodating at the minimum each kind of beasts depending on their needs. This one is big enough to have small living areas for each. Very much as you would see in zoos. All inmates have the right of personal possessions, processed through internal shops so nothing can be -easily- used as a weapon. Made to be the safest possible, but so inmates still have a bit of living decency.

Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 JQ5wg3h

Slytorn:

Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 1PxJvIL

Strength: 3
Perception: 1
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 1
Intelligence: 2
Agility: 3
Luck 1

You'd think they would make better their research before shipping someone in Kenga's prison, that they would know you didn't do anything. How dare they?! Accuse you of something so vile like... killing your own sister. You chase the thought as it comes, still hurting as vividly as if it were yesterday. You've been imprisoned in Kenga for 7 months now. The gravity of your 'crime', being a illegitimate son of one of the kings in Kenga's capital... let's say it was considered high. Someone got you good... and everyday it broils in your mind. You won't let the killer get away with murder this easily, especially not for your poor sister. You don't care if Kenga has its reputation of being inescapable, your faith in your talents is high and you are just waiting for your moment.

Akokat:

Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 IHTvZ72

Strength: 3
Perception: 3
Endurance: 1
Charisma: 1
Intelligence: 3
Agility: 3
Luck 1

You should have thought of it.. well of course you did already, but you should have thought of it harder. You have been here for only a week, but it feels like an eternity. Sure, selling poison is an offense...but one must make a living... and you never got caught before, if only it had just not been of that one f*cker. Well can't change what's in the past. You think it may be overly exaggerated to be sent to Kenga for this offense, but there may be more to the consequences your sells made than they let you know. Don't forget you have a really potent venom that is strictly regulated in many holds, including Kenga, your neighbor hold. You shouldn't have sold that far into the borders, but the sells were good and you got greedy. You haven't been shared how many time you were to spent in here yet, which worries you.

Kogan:

Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 IJNTHtd

Strength: 5
Perception: 1
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 2
Intelligence: 1
Agility: 0
Luck 1

The orc has been in here for longer than his cellmates. Due to his size, he had to share a cell with the beasts. It is debatable if he should simply be considered one, as he is a mix between an orc and a giant. Of silent nature, Kogan does not communicate much and prefer staring menacingly or ignoring. One piece of character, it normally takes a while to get his trust if you ever truly get it at all. Although hostile looking, he behaves very well and surprisingly obeys without retort. Something anyone who previously knew him would get surprise of so even though he seems fine, the staff is even more on edge with him, scared he may be slowly plotting something. He doesn't share his crime so very few must knows. His own cellmates don't know anything about him.

---

Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 XjJsp3H

The prison being so big, it is separated in many departments for many kind of crimes or species. It is, very, very big of an establishment. It is well organized so it thrives, but a truth is that there isn't a ton of staff. They may be competent, but few in numbers.

Rares are the night where everything is silent, that no creatures and crazies are yelling or rattling their cage with guards getting mixed to the cacophony to correct them. Fortunately, tonight was surprisingly silent. Hearing almost no sounds had become strange for many, easily making one more uneasy. You could hear breathing at most and far away footsteps from what you would think a guard, as usual. Actually, you were hearing a lot of footsteps. It was becoming loud and it seems there was people roaming around the cells in the shadows. One passes in front on the cell and swiftly, you can hear the lock unlocks with the silhouette leaving immediately as quick as it came. Baffled, the silence promptly disappears as everybody starts coming out of their cells and running in every direction. No alarms yet. What is happening?! Where are the guards?

Kogan is evidently awake, but has not stand up yet and it still sitting in the back of the cell. He seems alerted but probably feels it is foolish to run out straight away. He is a model inmate after all.

Last edited by Uthxis on Mon 8 May - 19:11; edited 1 time in total
Uthxis
Uthxis
Admin
Admin

https://vinosea.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 Empty Re: Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1

Post by Slytorn Mon 8 May - 3:40

Anyone would think silence would be a blessing for the ones who wish to sleep, but Slytorn knew by now it didn't necessarily meant a peaceful one. He was still awake, lying down on his tiger's body's tummy with his arms and front paws crossed as he tried to listen for any change whitin the prison. The continuing silence really made him uneasy, even more when he could hear more and more footsteps.

With his eyes closed to be able to listen better only the clicking sound of the lock made his eyes open, but completly missed who could have made that noise. He frowned as he looked over Kogan, the closest to him but even if he was obviously awake he didn't seemed to be eager to get up.

He frowned in confusion, it seems like everyone were somehow getting out of their cell and theirs could possibly be opened, how could he just sit there with no curiosity in his eyes? Well, he could decided for himself, Slytorn on the other hand got up and silently walk toward the door cell, before slowly grabbing the bars between his fingers. He could almost see himself shaking. What would he do if it was opened? Obviously escape, he had to go back home. But was it really possible? It seemed to good to be true afterall.

He wanted to test the door, but before making any move he decided it would be better to look more of what could possibly be going on outside, there didn't seemed to be any guards earlier somehow, were they on their way?

Rolling for PERCEPTION
Slytorn carried out 1 launched of one Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 JCR1V2O (d20.) :
Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 PVtDZXq
Slytorn
Slytorn
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 Empty Re: Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1

Post by Akokat Mon 8 May - 12:39

I woke up to the sound of the lock being open. Is it morning already?? As I slowly open my eyes and I clearly notice we’re still in the middle of the night. Chaos seems to have already starting in the corridors. What the hell is going on?

I look around to see the taciturn half orc silently staring at the centaur tiger close to our now open cell door. The latter seemed to be trying to look at whats going on out there but it was particularly dark tonight, as if someone extinguish any light source possible. It could even be a spell at that point; who knows? Someone clearly planned their escape to happen tonight. The guards always do one last count of all prisoners to make sure everyone is actually in their cell for the night. Someone might have somehow got the guards to open their cell and attacked at that moment and make a run for it after the distraction. Causing chaos by opening everyone’s cell gives the guards extra prisoners to focus on. But the guards aren’t the only one to fear from the rumours I heard from customers I had while doing business in the city walls... As much as I want to get out of here, without a proper plan, the situation can get a lot worse. I heard they were particularly merciless when it comes to runways here...

I quickly wrap the huge blanket around my body and crawled to the entrance of the cell where the Kenga native was still trying to figure out what was out there.

I could tell there was running and some struggles going on, some relatively close to our cell. Either the guards have finally made their way here or prisoners were taking this opportunity to get revenge or steal stuff from others inmates instead of running away. When I first got here, I heard someone say to another new inmate that its been centuries that there was no successful jail break from here. Either people got caught back in and faced severe consequences or ended up dead in an isolated part of the prison either by traps or starvation and were only found days after, even weeks after they passed. Just thinking about it makes it easy to resist running into action just yet.

But at the same time... an opportunity like this doesn’t happen often. I would feel stupid to not have at least try something while I had the chance.

The door really is unlock. You have to push it open so its not really the most subtle, but I try to push as much of it without attracting attention. I try to see the mess that's going on but as soon as I would have been able to see, a face suddenly appears a few inches from mine; it’s a guard from the prison and they’re pushing against the door to prevent me from opening it any further.

“DON’T YOU ANIMALS DARE GET OUT”, they yelled, frantically trying to lock our door back as fast as they can while other wardens were trying to regain control as many inmates ran for their life or attacked the defenders.

They clearly had their hands full at the moment and they didn’t want to deal with beasts adding to the scene. But it was certainly the best opportunity for us to make a run for it! Gambling on the fact that my other cellmates will help out in this jailbreak, I coiled my body as much as I could and tackle the door when the guard was anxiously focusing on trying to find the right key. You could hear the metal bar heavily hit on the guard’s head, knocking them unconscious. Quickly, I wrapped the entire body of the guard and dragged him in our cell. I immediately take their set of keys and put it in the pocket of the shirt they give us when we get here. I look at the two inmates I shared a cell with for a week now. Teamwork will clearly give a higher chance of success and somehow, I feel like we all connected at that moment, without talking to one another. Eyes really do tell more than words sometimes. I know there isn’t much time before another guard might show up so I must act quickly.

I search my hostage for more tools or other stuff that could be useful for our escape.

Rolling for PERCEPTION: +3

Akokat carried out 1 launched of one Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 JCR1V2O (d20.) :
Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 DZNMnM2
Akokat
Akokat
Capricious Gentleman
Capricious Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Uthxis Tue 9 May - 22:35

You can perceive numerous kind of silhouettes running around behind the bars mixed with screams and shouts, it's like you can feel the euphoria in the air. The adrenaline starts to kick in. Certain of you may have had rowdy nights before, but this time it isn't like any others. You just know it is a special night and occasion.

While tempting to get mixed in the crowd, a crisis like such is better carefully approached as it it highly unpredictable and dangerous. Although being cautious doesn't assure success. As soon as Slytorn gets close to the bars to verify if it was really locked, a guard appears and furiously starts trying to close the door. Swiftly the guard sprays with a perfume bottle containing a mix of herbs who hurt like hell in the face of the feline in the attempt to prevent them from coming out!! Not only Slytorn didn't see anything, he got sprayed with a mixture that hurt and made his eyes sore and red.

Practically at the same time, coincidentally or not, Akokat launched itself and heavy body against the door, stunning the guard straight. Kogan stood up and went for the door, but stopped at Slytorn quickly, grabbing his chin to look at his eyes see if he was alright, "You gon' be ok." then returned to the door. He crouched next to it, waiting and standing guard.

"Hey scaly, search him well, he may have hidden pockets"

No need to mention it twice, Ako was already on it. Luckily, this guard had a magical pass which looks like a small cube on him that opens all sealed doors in the beast section of the prison plus a sturdy stun baton! A lot of doors, including hidden ones, are sealed in this prison. So even though one could escape his cell, it is almost unthinkable to find a way out. Or it may be a thing of the past soon, who knows? As mentioned before, the layout resembles a labyrinth so one will need a lot of wits.

"Phew, a nice find." whistles Kogan. His attention is although focused to the ruckus outside. "If you in... grab the keys n' let him in the cell. I'm gonna make a run for it. The guards attention is everywhere, it's dark as hell, torches are being extinguished... it's our chance, alright? 'don't care if you stay, but I know y'all no cowards." If he wasn't rough, it wouldn't be Kogan. He is always to take with a bit of a grain of salt. Right now he just wants things moving and is hopeful you will join in trying to leave the cell and possibly find a safe or hidden area far from the action. It is surely wise to remain careful as there's no way yet to know if other sections are also rampaging. Taking advantage of the darkness and the diverted attention may be the way to go.
Uthxis
Uthxis
Admin
Admin

https://vinosea.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Slytorn Thu 11 May - 3:39

Son of a bitch! It hurted like fucking hell! He stepped back confused and more likely pissed off from getting the perfume like mixture into his eyes, he was still able to discern Akokat close to him and his struggle against the guard before he manage to blinked quickly enough to open his eyes properly again and notice the unconcious guard now in their cell.

His own face all scrunched up because of his sore eyes he jumped in surprised by Kogan's hand grabbing his chin, but somehow hearing from him that he would be alright really reassured him, he knew he could trust the big guy and he could still see with his eyes so he wasn't completly useless, even now the pain was gradually fading into a discomfort even though it still felt very sore. He quickly blinked the tears away and angrily wiped his face as he looked over at what Ako had found since their other cellmate seemed fairly impressed by it, getting a bit closer he noticed the cube like shape and immediatly recognised it, laughing himself at how lucky they were.

"Woah, you lucky shit, better hide it before another prisonner see it and try stealing it from you" he whispered to the naga as he stepped closer to be sure he could hear him, after all everything was getting so loud in hear he didn't wanted to get attention on them with even more screams.

He almost wanted to ask for keeping the key on himself, but decided that would be selfish, even though he only knew the other for a short amount of time, Kogan seemed to trust him too, and he prefered Ako kept it for now, receiving that stuff into his eyes really hit his own ego deeply and didn't trust himself carrying something so important. At least they had a stunt baton, weapons were rare here so he was glad they got their hands on something.

"A run for it? And where exactly?" he swiftly complained, he didn't liked the idea, they needed some kind of plan, there wasn't time for anything fancy or complicated, but at least something they could stand on. Nevertheless, the giant was right, it was starting to get dark, really fast. Slytorn was trying to think fast, staying in the prisons corridors where they walked their whole time here wouldn't give them any exit, one of those hidden doors only the guards could use would be a start.

He knew he had seen a guard use one of those doors, that's how he learned their were such hidden places in this prisons in the first place. Of course he had been kicked to looked away when it happened, but he still noticed, now he only needed to remember where exactly this door had been.

"Wait Kogan, I mean, obvioulsly I'm not gonna stay here, no way in hell. But if we run for it we gotta run where it matters... I think I know where we could start" he said with all seriousness in his voice as he grabbed unto Kogan's arm to stop him from running out of their cell too soon. Not that his small arm would make much difference, but he hoped he would still stop to take the time to listen to him. He knew the other was all silence and rough, but he was still impressed he was planning to run for it bare hands.

He turned to Akokat to see if he approved of his plan or if he prefered to listen to what Kogan had first suggest. After all, he was the one with the keys, so his decision would be the final answer.

Rolling for INTELLIGENCE : +2
Slytorn carried out 1 launched of one Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 JCR1V2O (d20.) :
Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 Bpgx7Xb
Slytorn
Slytorn
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Akokat Thu 11 May - 11:33

The cube-like object seems to impress my cellmates, but I’m still unsure on what it’s suppose to do, but I guess I’ll find out soon enough. I was hoping to find a map or something to help guiding them through the prison, but I won’t complain about finding the stun-stick either. I’ve seen the effects of those a few times on really big folks and I’m sure it’ll come in handy.

Want to have it?” I asked Slytorn, already handing him the weapon. I’ve tried a few swings and it felt awkward. My first reflex if we’re attacked wont be to use this stick. I feel bad for the dude, he just got sprayed right in the eyes!

It’s the first time I hear Kogan talk so much in all the time I’ve been here, so this speech really pumped me even more than I already was and I was ready to run for it too when the centaur shared his concerns. He tells them there are hidden doors only guards can use, but can’t remember where exactly, just the general area. It’s good to know, but they don’t really have the luxury of time to search for it.

Right now, backups must have been call and maybe even on their way by now. If we do find the door, we might get face-to-face with one, if not, a group of guards.” I whispered to the both of them.

But time is running out now. If they don’t act quick, they will lose this golden opportunity. The only exit is at the end of the corridor which leads to the dining room and the showers. Prisoners are brought to this place blindfolded so you can’t remember from where entered from. Obliviously, everyone who made a run for it went straight in there and it’s most likely a dead end. I also remember seeing opening on top of our corridor, probably leading to the next floor. If there was a way to climb this, it could be a way.

Let’s try our luck for the hidden doors anyway! We could wait until a guard comes out of there and run straight for it. I believe if there’s trouble, you guys can defend yourselves.

I quickly tie the guard’s hands with his own handcuffs before throwing him away in the corner of our cell with my lower body. What? That guy’s been a mean s.o.b since day 1 so he deserves to be roughen up a bit. He’s still unconscious anyway, and might stay for a little while longer after that throw, giving them more than enough time to escape.

I swiftly crawls towards Kogan who was still guarding the door. It’s only been a few minutes since it all started but it feels like its been hours. Anxiety is starting to rise, I can feel it. Fights are still going on; Between inmates, guards of prisoners, prisoners on guards, everything goes. For now, we're faking that our celldoor is still lock, carefully observing. I try to focus on the wall where Slytorn recall seeing a hidden door for guards only.

Rolling for LUCK: +1

Akokat carried out 1 launched of one Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 JCR1V2O (d20.) :
Campaign - Break Me Out - Chapter 0/1 G5WMdTU
Akokat
Akokat
Capricious Gentleman
Capricious Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down